Thursday, August 17, 2006

From Coach to Congress

For those of you who aren't native Nebraskans or who haven't lived in Nebraska for any length of time, having the University's Football coach immediately be elected to Congress might seem a bit odd.

But thats exactly what happened in Nebraska to the nearly god-like worshiped coach Tom Osborne.

I'm sure he makes a fine congressman as he always did have a head on his shoulders (you have to have some brains to be able to survive as a coach in Nebraska, people there take their sports very seriously).

I just today found out he made it to congress, while I was researching our governments farm/commodity policies and found a picture of Tom among the links. Guess I don't keep up on the native state like I should. But then I don't really keep up on any news.

I just like to pretend I do.

No comments: