Friday, August 18, 2006

Corn Allergy Bloating

I'd meant to post about this when it occured, but well I've been distracted.

Since I'm new to posting here, most of you haven't a clue about what allergic reactions can do to me. And let me count the ways.. jk

Though this last weekend, traveling up to see my parents and my wayward sister. I got into something corn, and probably something else corn, and something milk.

I started swelling. A few days prior I had just purchased some really nice clamdigger jeans that really showed how slim I'd gotten. I squeezed into them. They didn't fit anymore. I was pissed. Here I had been losing weight for months, getting myself to look good again. And when I get to show it off to someone.. I bloat up like a beached whale.

Thank GOD that I thought enough to bring my fat jeans/pants. These are pants that are one size larger than I normally wear. I put them on and they fit. They weren't BIG. They FIT!!!!!

I was very angry. Shortly after that my ankles started swelling. Normally my ankles are bones and muscle. Despite my weight, my ankles have always been slim. Its one of the things I insisted on early in life. I wasn't going to have fat ankles!!

Well I did. My ankles were huge. My fingers swelled to really really fat lady pudgy. My toes swelled to look like little cocktail weenies. My joints hurt. My ankles throbbed with hurt and were stiff.

When I got home, I was exhausted and fell into bed. Then the next morning I weighed myself. From the time I left, til that morning on the scale.. I'd gained 5 lbs!!!!! 5 lbs in a 4 day weekend!!

Yeah I was upset, but I knew it was just bloating. I watched my foods that day to make certain I only ate safe safe things. I didn't "diet", just didn't try anything new and unusual.

Next morning I weighed myself. I'd lost those 5 lbs and I'm back down to my normal weight. My ankles were once again bones and muscle, my toes were toes again, and my fingers back to long and sexy.

My next trip back up there is in Nov. I think I'll have to keep a detailed food journal of it, as well as a daily weighing log. I think its just the corn in the air up there, but I gotta figure out what's causing this. Because its not fun to look like a beached whale every time you visit family.

No comments: