Sunday, November 11, 2007

ShortPacked Comic - Anti-Semitic

It's been bugging me all week. Sitting in the back of mind, haunting me during idle moments.

I like to think I'm open minded and forgiving of others opinions and biases, and I've tried all week to read this comic with rose colored glasses. Unfortunately, I cannot find a tint of rose-colored glass that covers over the glaringly anti-jewish statement.

The thing is David Willis could have stopped at "like Abe Rosenberg, Israel Finkelstein" Or he could have added "and others", but instead he wrote "Jacob McJewLastName" thus labeling all writers in the strike as Jews as if their ancestry/beliefs had anything to do with it.

There are times that people mis-speak, or absentmindly let their biases take over, but I don't consider this one of those times. I also believe that people should have a right to their views as well.

But I also have a right to mine.

And that is why I'll not be reading ShortPacked! or any other David Willis comics ever again.

No comments: