Friday, July 27, 2007

Texas moves to England

Can someone stop the RAIN!!! Seriously, enough already.

During spring, it was nice. "Oooo I don't have to water the plants. YEAH!"

But I realized today, that I hadn't seen sunshine all freaking week.

My lawn is starting to look like a swamp. No.. my yard isn't flooding and we're not in a flood plane. Half of Austin would have to be completely UNDERWATER for us to have flooding. But that doesn't mean that the poor soil doesn't "squish" and release a puddle of water when you step on it.

I will say though that the oranges on my orange tree have never looked bigger, but dang it, I wanna see some sun!

One of the benefits of living in Texas is supposed to be the sunshine, and nearly constant sunshine during the summer. Its summer, and its not suppose to feel like an English Summer. I didn't move to London. I moved to Austin.. TEXAS.

So you global warming people stop hoarding my sun, and give it back! I'll even throw some clouds in on the exchange! :)

1 comment:

Ed said...

I'm right there with ya. I'm used to hot days and comfortably warm nights in the 70's, but lately it's been in the 50's at night.

I want to step into a warm night and have it feel good after a day in the 90's, and all I'm doing right now is looking for a pair of long pants cuz my shorts are too cold...